A blog on gardening, life by the sea, photography and wildlife

Saturday 16 June 2012

Robin on our Red Robin Tree

This Robin has amused us for some months now in our garden, just recently he flies backwards and forwards under and through our open ended glazed cover-way on the side of our bungalow (not while we`re in it I might add)  rather than over it presumably as a short cut to quickly collect insects from both front and rear garden, he has a nest with young in one of our front garden dense evergreen borders.
He is never still for more than a few seconds at a time so getting a shot has been difficult but I managed to get a quick shot of him here with a beak-full of  insects and grubs ready to go to the nest, it was getting dark and  I had to shoot very quickly through the bedroom window so the shot is noisy due to the very low light level even with the camera set at ISO1600







sorry if this is already familiar to you but like film which used to get very grainy at high speeds such as ASA 1600 so a lot of digital camera sensors get very grainy (noisy) at high speeds. A flash would have been no use because of the reflection from the glass. I also always use a circular polarising filter to cut out reflections when shooting through glass

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand all the photo jargon - all I know is it is a lovely picture - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry force of habit having to explain my research medical findings to colleagues at work before I retired

    ReplyDelete